$48,000 – 60,000 annual
Our mission is to help move homeless families forward in life by helping them achieve greater self-sufficiency and stability through permanent affordable housing.
About Crossroads Housing
We provide guidance and safe temporary housing, as well as referrals to other agencies providing related specialized care. Our clients are families and individuals who are experiencing setbacks possibly due to job loss, loss of income, catastrophic medical bills, or family break-ups.
Our services include housing, guidance, referrals, education in life and parenting skills, and employment counseling.
The Position and Priorities
The Executive Director will work alongside the Board of Directors in developing strategic goals for Crossroads Housing. This person will lead the organization in achieving these goals by developing and implementing strategic and operational plans and integrating the work of committees, staff and volunteers into a coherent, consistent and effective program.
The near-term priorities for the first 12-18 months for the new Executive Director include:
· Strategic Planning: Working with the Board and staff, develop short and long term goals for all aspects of the organization including finance, fundraising, volunteers, community relations and public outreach.
· Financial Analysis: Develop a clear analysis of the organization’s future fiscal outlook related to short- and long-term goals and operations, existing and available grants, private support, and fundraising.
· Community Relations: Strengthen working relationships and cooperative arrangements with local and state community groups and non-profit organizations. Strengthen relationships with legislative and governmental agencies necessary for success of the organization’s programs. Coordinate with county and other funders.
Experience, Skills and Attributes
The Executive Director personifies the mission of Crossroads Housing. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ED provides leadership for the organization and is responsible for the overall management, strategic direction, fundraising, accountability and administration to ensure the organization achieves its goals, according to Board approved directives, policies and objectives.
Ideal candidates for this position will be passionate about Crossroads’ mission of ending homelessness. The ideal candidate will have high emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills in order to develop, build and maintain strong relationships and raise funds for the organization. The ED should have proven nonprofit management skills, and be an inspirational and collaborative team builder, with a facilitative leadership style, engaging public speaking skills, and an ethic of transparency and openness.
Preferred qualifications include:
· A Bachelor’s degree in public, non-profit or business management, plus four years progressively responsible experience in nonprofit leadership and development. Educational qualifications may be waived depending on work history.
· Knowledge of non-profit management and human resources best practices, laws and regulations.
· Demonstrated leadership skills in empowering and developing current and future staff to achieve strategic organizational goals. Demonstrated team-building skills.
· A proven track record of fundraising and relationship development; ability to successfully develop new revenue sources within the local market conditions.
· Experience managing a budget and performing business and program analysis within an organization of similar or greater size and complexity.
· Excellent written, oral and social media communication skills at all levels, with staff, Board and community stakeholders.
· Valid driver’s license, safe driving record, current vehicle insurance, and ability to use personal vehicle for Crossroads business.
· Willingness to travel within Mason County and Washington State.
· Must be able to pass criminal background check.
To apply, interested candidate should email his or her cover letter, resume and three professional and one personal reference to:
Crossroads Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes its hiring decisions without regard for race, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.